Thrifting can be a fun and exciting activity, full of unexpected discoveries and the potential to find hidden treasures. It’s like going on a treasure hunt, but instead of searching through dirt and sand, you’re sifting through racks of clothes and shelves of miscellaneous items. And just like any good adventure, sometimes you come across something truly bizarre or unique.
If you’re a fan of thrifting or just enjoy seeing strange and unusual things, be sure to check out the ‘Weird Second-Hand Finds’ Instagram page. It’s a place for thrifters to share their most interesting and unusual finds, whether it’s a quirky piece of vintage clothing or a bizarre antique. The page features both user submissions and the founder’s own discoveries, creating a virtual showcase of the weird and wonderful world of thrifting.
So if you’re feeling adventurous, why not go on a thrifting trip and see what hidden treasures you can uncover? You never know what you might find, and it’s sure to be an exciting and memorable experience. So, just give it a try and enjoy the excitement of thrifting!
1. I need this one.
2. “This wonderful secondhand find is courtesy of FB Marketplace here in Missouri. The lovely couple I bought it from said it originally came from a library in Fort Smith AR. We named it Dewy and filled a single drawer with ketchup packets. Unsure of what we will do with the other 59 drawers.”
3. “Picked up this dapper guy today from our local buy and sell, set him up in our bathroom to hold extra tp then waited for my husband to come home.
4. This is definitely the weirdest and most wonderful find I’ve ever had. I found it on a local for-sale site similar to Craigslist last fall. It’s a vintage Ibex ram head table and it made all my dining room dreams come true!
5. Things that get turned into a lamp? A family member found this encyclopedia set that his friend was throwing out…and he transformed them into a floor lamp!
The bookworm was found at a resale shop a long time ago!
6. Horrifically-textured bottles of laundry detergent were found and left at HCM in Bridgman, Michigan.
7. I do not enjoy these. Found and left at Value Village in Woodinville, WA.
8. Harold the scarecrow goes into interior design.
9. This wonderful work of art came home with me! With all the extra arms, I can now get everything done! Bethesda Thrift in Illinois for $3.99!
10. I’m in love with those shoes.
11. My beautiful find at Abbie Ann’s in Akron Ohio, I am in love.
12. Ever realize how big stoplights actually are? My partner and I found this one in a local antique shop. Me for scale. Did not come home with me.
13. Found this little gem at a yard sale. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
14. Check out this beauty I picked up off Marketplace in VA today. Doesn’t work, unfortunately, but the cart that came with it makes the package. Any ideas about what you would store below?
15. I made eye contact with this amazing piece from across the hall. It was love at first sight. Taxidermy burlesque rat. Best purchase I’ve ever made
Rat is made by Showtime Taxidermy!
16. I think it’s pretty cool.. and would like to bring this home tomorrow!
17. I had to get this T-rex even though I don’t have the space in my room. Weirdest find and the most incredible one.
18. My “Flipper” tp holder. Perfect addition to my basement bathroom. Found at savers in RI for $5.99.
19. Sweet op shop score! Welcome home Peapot!
20. Good Buy (Goodwill) $1.99. He resides on my front porch.
21. My mom found these at her house recently, they are my great grandma’s, I’m so thrilled to get them!
22. Yay eBay! I finally found the “blinking’ salt and pepper to go with the ketchup and mustard I found in PA at a tag sale in Eaglesmere. I absolutely adore the wee pepper guy, he looks like he’s going to sneeze!
23. Toilet paper holder Polaroid.
24. I instantly thought of Days Of Our Lives!
25. Found this spooky little girl at a thrift store today…
She ended up in my car and is going home with me.
26. Absolutely gorgeous!! I wish I had somewhere to hang this in my house. But sadly it stayed in the Antique Mall in Sevierville TN.
27. I found whatever this is at Billings West End (Montana) Goodwill. It did not come home with me.