Cats are known for their sharp claws, which are not only essential for hunting and self-defense, but also for climbing and marking their territory. While some cat owners choose to have their pets declawed, it’s important to remember that removing a cat’s claws can cause significant pain and may have long-term physical and psychological effects.
In the wild, cats rely on their claws as their main weapon. They use them to hunt prey, defend themselves against predators, and climb trees to escape danger. Domestic cats may not face the same life-and-death situations as their wild counterparts, but their instincts remain the same.
The 19 photos in this collection showcase cats in all their clawed glory.
1. Murder slippers 😛
2. Meet Diggs! He’s a 6th-month polydactyl Maine Coon!
3. Mia’s Murder Mittens
4. Robert’s murder mittens
5. What’s in the box? Oh, just some harmless toes, no big deal
6. Mr. Ginger
7. Not a threat, just a reminder
8. Tiny lil weapons
9. Daphne cleans the beans
10. The tiniest murder mittens you’ll ever see
11. Murder, murder, murder. Kill, kill, kill
12. New kitten new murder mittens
13. She laid them out nicely for me
14. Knives out!
15. I’ll take that as a friendly warning
16. My coworker showing off his nails
17. Rory shows off her reach and her claws
18. I wouldn’t let him eat the lizard he found in the house
19. No escape (and who would want to?)